Saturday, June 18, 2022

Hello - Funkie Junkie Spotlight

 Good morning!

I am back to share a tutorial for a layout I created using MANY items from the Funkie Junkie Boutique!


I hope my tutorial inspires you to create!



To begin - gather all your supplies.  You will need 4 coordinatng papers, mist, stencil, clear gesso, flowers, a title, mica powder, cardboard and texture paste

1- cover your top paper with clear gesso


 2 - then do some tearing in random areas.  I used the beautiful Garden House papers from Stamperia.  Keep a piece of the torn paper so you can tuck it in in later steps.  Also fussy cut some leaves from one of the papers



3 - If you do not have cardboard that is already showing the corrugated inside then tear a cover off


4 -tear the cardboard making sure there are no straight edges



5 - Dry brush the cardboard with white paint or white gesso then set aside



6 - cut two pieces of paper.  One at 2 1/2 x 11 and one at 2 x 11.  Distress the edges



 

7 - Use a stencil - I used the Tim Holtz Dot Fade Stencil with Grit Paste.  Heat set or allow to dry



8 - add mica powder to the stenciled areas then spritz with water



9 - heat set the colored areas



10 - take a set of 3 of the Wild Orchid small flowers and straighten the stems



11 - twist the stems onto the stem of the next flower to create a chain of flowers



12 - spray some flowers to match your project.  I used the mica spray I made in an earlier post and Tim Holtz Hickory Smoke.  Heat set or allow to dry.

13 - ink or pant your title piece (I forgot to take a photo of this step)



14 - distress the edges of all your papers then layer your top sheet onto your background paper and tuck the ripped paper from earlier in.



15 - add the cardboard from earlier



16 - layer the two pieces of paper you cut



16 - add your title and elements.


Here are some details shots

 





 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you!

~Laura







No comments: