Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Altered Lightbulb - Creative Embellishments

Good morning!
I do not create altered items very often but when I do I LOVE it!  I can use my imagination and create something fun!


So for this project I started with an flat bottom light bulb and started to alter it - I was inspired by Tiffany Solorio


I started with a layer of gesso, then applied a layer of crackle medium and let it set up.
I applied some texture paste through a stencil


I wet some Creative Embellishments chipboard and molded them so they could fit a round surface then let them dry.  I used gears, curly hearts, and the title piece Earth Angel.

I applied each piece along with some beads, resins, and resin flowers


Finally I started to color with mists in grey, teal, and purple


 I added the photo to the binder clip and finished with a bit of vintage gold mist 

Thanks for stopping by

No comments: