Tuesday, November 24, 2015

more fall fun with Scraps Of Darkness and BoBunny

Hi everyone!
Today I have a fun layout I did using the November Scraps Of Darkness Kit 'Amy's Amazing Autumn'

For this layout celebrating fall I used the wonderful BoBunny November sketch 

I love this photo of Cody jumping in.  They worked for hours trying to get a big enough leaf pile lol!

I used the banner from the chipboard stickers that is in the elements add on 

I fussy cut some leaves from a couple of the papers, stamped a few using the BoBunny stamps from the main kit 
and the embossing powder from a previous kit, and added a few of the Petaloo leaves for texture from the Floral Add On

I fussy cut a bunch of butterflies from one of the BoBunny papers and inked the edges of them along with the leaves using the Tim Holtz Ground Espresso Distress Ink from the Color Add On 

Here you can see the dimension the butterflies add!

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fall fun with the November Scraps of Darkness kit

Good afternoon!
I am middle of a deep clean getting ready for a birthday party on the weekend!
I am washing walls, cleaning furniture, washing floors...all the fun stuff!
I wanted to share my layout I created using the newest November kit from Scraps Of Darkness 

Those little cuties are are our boys a few years ago....
I was lucky to capture this moment of sheer joy - they were so happy just playing in the leaves...just being boys ...just being brothers enjoying the leaf pile! 
I used the Bo Bunny Enchanted Harvest Papers for this one because the beautiful rich colors were perfect for the photo! I also used the Hemptique Crafter's Hemp Cord around the side of my photo and then let the ends fall like they were blown by the same wind that blew the leaves off the trees.

I used the cardstock sticker from the  main kit and I fussy cut one of the butterflies from a BO Bunny paper

I did a lot of fussy cutting of leaves from the paper 'foliage'
I cut out each one, inked the edges with the 'ground espresso' distress ink from the color add on, then added the distress glitter from a previous kit and the chartreuse iced enamels I bought from the SOD store...I also embossed a few with Lindy's embossing powders from previous kits

I tucked in a few of the Petaloo red botanica velvet hydrangeas 

I bent a few up to show dimension and show off their beauty! 

I love how it looks like a big leaf pile.

In the elements add on there is these beautiful Prima resin leaves that I had a lot of fun with.  I used the Cinnamon Brown Silks pain on the leaves in spots...while still wet I then sprayed it with the 'carves pumpkin' distress spray stain - both from the color add on. I heat set, then added some of the distress glitter and some crackle medium to get the look I wanted.

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Final October projects

Good morning!

I finished my final two projects from the Scraps Of Darkness October kit!

I am really happy how they came out!

I had this wood coffin in my stash so I altered it with many of the elements from the kit

First I painted it black, then covered it with crackle medium and added some of the black glitter glass from the kit

when everything was dry I splattered the white Lindy's mist over top

The headstone is from last years Halloween kit.  I covered it in a thick layer of crackle medium then mated it with grey cardstock and of course inked the edges

The flower is a Marion Smith vine from the floral add on that I misted with the Lindy's Jazzy Jivin purple mist from this months color add on and the Dylusions squeezed orange from a previous kit.

I added the lace from elements add on and the spiders I had in my stash

I sprayed some cheesecloth with mists and added a plastic sketeton

and added a flower to his lapel or what would have been his lapel! lol!

My final project features a photo f Ty when he was little - he can pose for the camera!

On this one I used the Echo Park papers!

I cut one of the title out of one of the papers!

Yes I know its a boy page and Halloween but I love flowers!

I used glossy accents to adhered some of the black glass glitter then over it so none would fall off to the blue fern chipboard apothecary bottles and a sticker 'potion' from last years kit.
I also misted some cheesecloth for texture!

Thanks for stopping by!