Monday, April 16, 2012

Scrapcake takes the cake.....

Hi everyone! This week the CT are sharing their creations featuring the gorgeous scrapcake papers!

This week I created a layout (using the mojo Monday sketch) and the awesome My Private Happiness Line....A bright, fun line with gorgeous colors and cheerful and beautiful designs

Here is a little about Scrapcake (according to their website)

'The ScrapCake was born out of passion. Passion for scrapbooking handmade cards and a whole lot of other projects. Our goal is to enable anyone to capture their most precious memories, deepest dreams as well as everyday life with the use of paper and accessories. We aim to aid everyone to express themselves no matter the form of their choice.'

When I saw this line I fell in love.....and it begged me to fussy cut. I first fussy cut the corners out of the garden of kindness paper, then the circle frame from the Happiness is in the air paper, then the borders and strips out of the Borders paper and finally the title block from the Say something Nice paper. I followed the lovely Mojo Monday sketch from Alda, added a punched circle around the photo, some flowers from my stash and a charm my kiddo won from a vending machine, used foam dots and voila....


here are a few close ups;




I had so much fun taht I also created a card for my sister in law's birthday....the papers are so gorgeous I made a simple card to let the papers shine

I rolled some paper to make the candles and then stuck in some string for the wick, did some fussy cutting and I have my card!

thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Shona said...

oooooo love all the fussy cutting and those candles rock!!!!!!