Friday, September 28, 2007

Fall is in the air

I love fall....warm apple cider and apple pies and jumping in the leaves....cool nights and mild days! The colors are beautiful, the reds, golds and browns create a mosaic of color that I hope to capture in my upcoming photographs. The sights sounds and smells of fall make it my favorite time of year

There are many reasons besides the already stated why fall is my favorite...the most obvious one is my birthday is in the fall...actually it was yesterday! I had a nice day. We had to take Sally to the Human society for some blood work to make sure she is healthy before we finalize the adoption so my parents and I spent the day in Windsor. We shopped at Micheals where I bought a few things for an upcoming class, then they took me out for lunch at Swiss Chalet, then to Costco where I bought some photo paper. Came home, Jon surprised me by making it home, had a light supper, watched some TV and went to bed! I did receive some rockin' presents too! Last weekend was an expo in Sarnia and my hubby gave me moolah to go shopping on some scrappy stuff!!!! My friend Ally (Circleguru on the boards) bought me a new acrylic block, a couple of HS stamps and some BG Christmas chipboard! My mom & dad also gave me money at the expo and bouht a really cool scrapbooking cart. heres a photo of it, but mine is black & grey not hot pink


I also love the local fair here....its in the small town of Brigden and my brother and sister and law took the kids & I to the fair last year! They love Candy apples!




The boys loved to go the rides....





And what fun is a fair without games?





Have a fantastic day!

todays quote;
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz

2 comments:

MichelleStrachan said...

Girl, you are really grounded. I love that. Happy belated birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Laura. Sorry Im late.

Beautiful photo of the children, they look like they are having a wonderful time.