Friday, April 27, 2007

Oldest TV show...

Well over at scraparden Christy has started to issue blog challenges and she challenged us today to post about the oldest tv show we remember watching.

Back when I was little Saturday mornings used to me cartoons! Its not like nowadays with Satellite tv and cartoon on 24/7 on 10 different channels. It was a big deal on Saturdays to watch some cartoons! I used to love the Underdog! He would change into his little suit and fly around helping. Oh and Mighty Mouse and Speedy Gonzales and Grape Ape and of course Scooby Doo! My brother used to watch GI Joe before it got even more violent. things have changed a lot when it comes to cartoons...everyone is fighting and calling names now....saying things like stupid (a word I personally hate) and dummy and someone is always getting hurt. I miss the good old days of Papa Smurf & Smurfette and the Care Bears and Hong Kong Phooey.

As for actual TV show nothing beat Little House on the Prairie! I used to have the biggest crush on Micheal Landon. And I hated Nelly Olsen!!! I remember when Mary went blind and then in the fire her baby died...I was sad for a month and my mom & I sat there crying! Then Micheal Landon went on to star in Highway to Heaven another show I really liked to watch. Shows like that don't really exist anymore and if they did they wouldn't last with todays society's need for violence and sex.

Just a fun fact...my hubby's Aunt Sue is the step daughter of Miss Manners from the Romper Room...any one remember her? I used to watch her and when I met her it was really cool.

Todays quote;
Ability can take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Have a great night
Laura

5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh my goodness, I totally remember all those shows. Thanks for playing along with me. :)

Unknown said...

LOVED Little House!! I hated Nelly! She was such a meanie!

Melissa said...

Poor Nelly...so misunderstood rofl. I loved those shows too!

Tabitha W. said...

I think I've seen every episode of Little House at least a dozen times! They just don't make TV like that anymore.

Lynn Anne said...

The oldest tv show I remember watching was the first one I remember not being allowed to watch any more! I don't remember what show it was (anyone help me out?), but the theme song started out by shouting, "HEY, YOU GUYS!" and then continuing...we're gonna turn it on (doop, doop-doo.) we're gonna give you the power...." Oh! Electric Company. Anyway, apparently I started running around the house shouting, "HEY, YOU GUYS!" and that was the end of that. I also remember Magic Garden. My fave for years! (the story box..the story box..) Fun blog!