Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Love Being a Mom - Elizabeth Craft Designs

Good morning!
When I was in kindergarten my teacher asked me  what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied 'A mom'  That's all I really ever wanted to be.

My boys mean the absolute world to me!



I started by covering both sides of my paper with clear gesso.



I stamped the images from the Words & Layers stamp set with white ink.

I then used the Make Your Mark stencil with texture paste that I mixed with brown brusho powder


I used Turquoise blue from the watercolor palette to cover the stenciled images and when it rain into the white it created a really cool messy overlay image.

The really cool epoxy piece my husband created for me using a mold.  I then covered it with the turquoise blue and Prussian blue from the watercolor set 


 I die cut 3 tags using the Planner Essential 26 set the layered them using cardboard to add height and dimension.
I also die cut two flowers from the Planner Essentials 25 using Rinea foil paper


I stamped the words from the Word & Layers stamp as my title


I die cut the Mandala also from foil paper.
I wanted the flowers to match my colors so I used the watercolor paints on my flowers.

I added some beads, art stones and sequins to finish my project.

Thank you so much for stopping by
Laura

I am entering this in the Paper Issues May Mom challenge
and the Challenge YOUrself May challenge

12 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Oh my gosh - what a wonderful photo, Laura! You scrapped it absolutely beautifully here!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month. We are all very happy that you did! Hugs and stay safe!

Kim said...

What a fun photo and a simply gorgeous page! I love all the texture and mixed media! Thank you for joining the Challenge YOUrself team this month!

Lisa-Marie | Scrap Paper Scissors said...

OH gosh! This is absolutely glorious! I just love all your layering and the texture is just sublime!
Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Love the distressed look around the edges of the background paper and tags. That photo is wonderful, and the black and blue color scheme goes perfectly with the photo. Thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself!

Cathy Lu said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous layout with your wonderful photo! Love the background work, it's so cool. Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

Maya Yang said...

This is absolutely a gorgeous layout! I love your photo, mixed media background and all the embellishments. Such a wonderful take on the challenge! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself.

Ashley H said...

This is gorgeous. I love all the layers and textures. The little details are perfect.

Tracy P said...

"A mom" Aww, best answer ever!! Love picture and your layout design. I'm very envious of your mixed media. Thank you for joining in with us at Challenge YOUrself.

ÅsaJ said...

Such a gorgeous mixed media page!!! And that photo, wow!!! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

Lori said...

Such a beautiful layout and that photo of you with your boys is great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself! -Lori DT

Sherri Caramico said...

This is STUNNING! Love Love Love it! - the colors, the textures - everything!- Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!!

Carmen Crosseti Cohen-Henriquez said...

Such a beautiful sweet photo! And scrapped perfectly, love all the colors, distress and textures. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrsel.