Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Sunshine and Smiles - Creative Embellishments

Good morning!
I captured this photo of my hubby giving me that little smirk, and that look - the one that after being together for 22 years still gives me butterflies like a school girl.  Yup I know I am lucky - he still looks at me like that.


I began by covering the paper with clear gesso.  I then tore pieces of paper and randomly adhered them.  
I mixed some purple powder with texture paste and ran it over a circle stencil.


I colored some cheesecloth next and adhered it to the papers.  I started adding the flowers then seashells, microbeads, and clear gems.
For the title piece I covered it in gesso then added some teal mist, then over top some brown mist that I painted on then rubbed off with a paper towel so the teal also showed through




For the Beach Trading coins, I began by covering them in a layer of white gesso, then painted on some light purple mist and wiped it away so the coins looked distressed.
For the stitched border I also used gesso and teal mist

I am entering this in this project in the Lasting memories torn edges challenge and the Paper Issues take 5 challenge 

Thanks for stopping by,


3 comments:

Lisa Landry said...

I had to come to your blog, Laura! This layout is FABULOUS! And thanks for sharing how your dear hubby makes you feel! I think that's just WONDERFUL!

Deanna said...

Beautiful work with the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

Lori said...

Oh, wow! What a work of art! This layout is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories! -Lori DT