Thursday, August 4, 2016

Petaloo Guest Design Spot!

Good morning!
I am so excited to be guest designing for Petaloo!
Their flowers are so awesome and the ones I received in my guest package were the DIY paintables!  They are so much fun to work with and will always coordinate with your project!

The first projects I worked on is a 7gyspies solo shadowbox I received in my package.



I was so excited to start on it I forgot to take a photo of it! This is how it looked before but mine was brown!



The first step I did was cover it roughly with a paint that was sand color and add some modeling paste using a stencil




I also added some crackle paste - love that stuff!
Then I decided to add to colors I wanted by using the wonderful
Tattered Angels Denim Blue Glimmer Mist that was also in the package and another of my favorite products the Colourcraft Brusho Colours in burnt sienna.



Next was the fun stuff - I got to color the awesome flowers! 
I used the DIY- Daisy Layers  Burlap-Canvas in Ivory, DIY-Mixed Textured Layers also in Ivory, DIY- Burlap Blossoms in Ivory,
DIY- Baby’s Breath Pick in White, DIY- Queen Annes Pick in Whit, and the DIY - Dogwood Canvas in white.  I used teh same products to color the flowers that I did the tray!


After I dried the flowers I used some matte gel to adhere some crushed glitter glass and prills to the tips of some of the flowers!





I added some shells, crushed glitter glass, and Prills and a piece of burlap behind the photo of my husband and our boys, that was part of my package to the shelves of the tray





 I really love the beachy, shabby chic feel to this!

I wanted my next project to be right and fun!
So I used this fun photo of Ty being buried in the sand!

I started by layering the wonderful Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea papers!


Then I started to color the wonderful flowers!  For this layout I used the same flowers as on my tray and also the DIY- Burlap Medium Sunflower in Ivory.

To color the yellow ones I dabbed the Tim Holtz Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink on my craft mat, then spritzed with water!
I added some  Heidi Swapp Mustard Color shine spray then dragged the flowers through them to achieve a more dimensional look.




For the bluish ones I used the Colourcraft Brusho Crystal Colors in Turquoise.  I spritzed them with water, added the color crystals, then spritzed them again.



I dried all the flowers, and added some more prills and crushed glitter glass.





Thanks so much for stopping by and thank Cheryl @ Petaloo!  I really enjoyed guesting this month!







No comments: