Tuesday, April 12, 2016

My first two layout with the April Scraps of Darkness kit

Hi everyone!
This months Scraps Of Darkness kit 'Travel Stories' is jam packed full of beautiful papers and embellishments from Kaisercraft and Graphic 45!  Both lines area awesome!  I decided to start with the Kaisercraft 'Story Book' papers....
I love sketches....I find them so versatile and a great place to start creating from and this months sketch challenge from Kaisercraft is so fabulous I used it twice!


I started by choosing my layers then trimmed and distressed the edges!

I used a title block from one of the papers than I adhered all the layers together.


I used the Prima Box Flowers - Penmanship from the floral add on then I misted them with a navy from a previous kit and the Lindy's Stamp Gang, Starburst Mist in Steampunk Sepia from the color add on.  I also added a few flowers from a previous kit and the Kaisercraft iceburg paper blooms from the SOD store


I die cut some branches/leaves from a die from my stash

My next layout I flipped the sketch....


This is our handsome youngest son on the day of his confirmation.


I again altered the flowers with the Lindy's mists
and die cut leaves


I used the Docrafts Papermania Adhesive Crochet Trim from the elements add on, on the sides of the photo

Here is the sketch I used from Kaisercraft


Thanks for stopping by! 

6 comments:

Louise Turner Scrapbooker said...

Two beautiful layouts with fabulous collection of papers and embellishments. Really love! Great photos too.
Louise xo

Adriana B said...

fabulous work, and your made 2 of them, thanks for playing along with kaisercraft challenge this month :)

Kathy Bradley said...

Laura - two very beautiful layouts, papers, flowers and elements - love, love! And, your family photos are wonderful.

Cathy said...

Beautiful creations Laura! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Kaisercraft :)

Anita Bownds said...

Beautiful page,thanks for joining in on the Kaisercraft challenge..xx

Unknown said...

Two stunning Layouts. I adore the flowers in the first one : ) Thank you for sharing your work with us at Kaisercraft xxx