Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My first layout with Septembers kit!

When this months Scraps Of Darkness
kit arrives - 'Tanya's Industrial Odyssey' - I was stoked!
The colors in this kit are awesome!

so for my first layout I wanted to highlight the gorgeous color combos of the teal and browns!


I started with the 'Caribbean Sea' cardstock from the add on...
I inked the edges with Donna Salazar Mix'd Media Inx from a previous kit.

Then I stamped using the Kaisercraft texture stamp - flutter from the main kit.


I tore that sheet of kaisercraft paper and layered it on top of the cardstock.  Then tore more of the papers and layered them as well.  I added some teal Petaloo flowers and some of the Prima 'The Archivist' flowers from the floral add on and these really cool mosaic tiles from the main kit that just screamed BEACH to me!  I also fussy cut the title from one of the papers and distressed the edges!


Under the photo I added a cluster of flowers from the floral add on, the ties and some cheesecloth from a previous kit.

To achieve the look that I wanted on the cheesecloth I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang 
Shabby Turbine Teal mist then dried it.  I used dome glossy accents to adhere some of the Reneabouquets Patina Glitter Glass.  It adds such a wonderful sparkle!  I also added some sequins from the elements add on


In the Elements add on is this really cool box of goodies from Prima.  In the box is sequins (which I used on the cheesecloth) , some chipboard, and these cool feathers!  I added one of the feathers to my cluster!


Here you can see the dimension and textures!

Have a great day!

No comments: