Thursday, November 20, 2014

A whole week later

Hi everyone!
I can't believe its been a whole week since my last post!
Sorry about that! 
It has been crazy busy here....Cody turned 14 this week.


He is such a handsome young man with such a big heart and great sense of humor! He always makes us laugh!

Last night I wanted pasta so I tried a new recipe I found on pinterest!



This is not my photo but from the site where I got the recipe - I keep forgetting to take photos!

Here is the recipe....

Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size chunks
  • 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning
  • 6 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 ½ cups chicken broth
  • 1 cup milk
  • 8 oz. dried fettuccini pasta
  • ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
Instructions
  1. Add the oil to a large pot (or large high sided skillet). Place over medium-high heat for two minutes. Add the chicken and the Cajun seasoning. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring often.
  2. Add the broth and milk. Break the pasta in half and add it to the pot. Cover and bring to a rapid, rolling boil, stirring occasionally. *Note: Watch the pot carefully during the beginning of the cooking process as milk tends to boil over easily.
  3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let the pasta simmer, covered, for 8-13 minutes. Stir every 2-3 minutes to prevent sticking. Cook until there is ¼ to ½ inch of liquid in the bottom of the pot.
  4. Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Notes
The wider the pot/skillet, the quicker the cooking time.
Nutrition Information
Calories: 449 Fat: 14.3 Saturated fat: 2.9 Carbohydrates: 46.8 Fiber: 2.1 Protein: 34.3


The review

It was seriously tasty!  For a recipe this easy and fussless (yes a new word I made up lol)
I was expecting it to be a little more bland but the flavours were really really good.  It did need a bit more sauce but I will make this again!

Changes I will make next time

Like I stated before it needed a bit more sauce so I will add more milk (1 1/4 cp) and chicken broth (1 3/4 cp) and therefore have to add more cajun (3 tsp)
I am also a real fan of fresh herbs - I think this fabulous recipe could use a bit of fresh parsley or basil!

When I make it again I will let you all know!

 

 

No comments: