Monday, August 4, 2014

Big Blog Tour Nomination!

I was nominated as a creative blogger by an uber talented and super sweet scrapbook friend Lisa Novogrodski We are joining up as a chain of fun blog hop tours where so many of us will get to meet new bloggers, get new inspiration and connect with blogs that will open up our creativity. This hop is sure to get your mojo going!

Here are my 4 questions that need to be answered before I pass along my nominations. I'll give you my answers then lead you to 3 amazing artists you will love visiting!

1. What am I working on?

At the moment I am working on some altered letters for a friends wedding - I can''t show you because the bride and groom hasn't even seen them yet lol!  

I am also starting on my design team stuff for Scraps of Darkness - oh man this kit is yummy! I can not wait to show you my layouts! 
2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

Not sure if my work is that different - I love to distress and layer and use lots of mixed media stuff!

3. Why do I create what I do?
I am truly blessed with an amazing family!  I love that I get to record all of our memories.  My family is the focus of my life, my inspiration, and my motivation to scrapbook
4. How does your creative process work?
It varies - if it is for a design team project - I start with the product, then the photo and then I will usually sketch something out or if there is a technique I have been wanting to try and there is product in the kit then I start there! Sometimes inspiration will strike me as soon as I look at the product and I have to sit down and get going!
If it is for myself I usually start with the photo then find the papers etc.
Now onto my nominees 

Tracey Gregory - Not only she is beyond creative, and uber talented she is also one of the sweetest and nicest people you will ever meet.  She has a wonderful style of scrapbooking and I am often in awe of her work!!!  Her love for her family always shows through her designs.  I have been blessed by her friendship.

Monica Lowrance - She is so much fun and it shows in her creativity!  Her passion for creativity is infectious and her style is eclectic!  She is on a few design teams (including recently the Art Anthology Team - way to go buddy) and I was lucky enough to work with her on a couple!

Sandi Clarkson - Sandi is one of the nicest people I know, she really is - she always has a nice word to say or words of encouragement and her creativity is off the charts!  She has a wonderful shabby chic style with beautiful mixed media elements!  Her layouts are always gorgeous!



 






2 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, you are such a sweetie! Thanks for the kind words! Hugs!

Caroleanne Wright said...

this is a fabulous way to encourage each other, I love it! And I love your work too! x