Friday, February 28, 2014

Flourish With A Bling and Stuck On U Sketches!

I think this weeks sketch from Stuck On U Sketches is my all time favorite so far
and I got to use some awesome products from Flourish with a bling!


One of my new favorite color combos is red and turquoise!  I find the colors very striking!




I had this piece of chipboard laying in my chipboard drawer and thought it would be perfect for my title!  I sprayed it with mists then inked it with Ingvild Bolme ink from last months SOD kit
I also sprayed some cheesecloth with mists and tucked pieces under the photo and under the title!

I must say I am inspired by one of my favorite scrappers - Sandi Smith. A friend and a teammate on Scraps of Darkness/Elegance who inspired me to use my ink bottles!  She uses alcohol inks but I did not have any so I used my red reinker!



I used Flourish with a Bling's laser “Jasmine” flourish in teal and the
"Chloe" Pearl Flourish in red


I cut the flourishes and kept the tail pieces to use in the other corner


I also inked the flowers a bit so they were more 'messy'


here is the sketch


and don't forget about our blog candy from Scraps Of Darkness

make sure you enter for your chance to win - check out the SOUS blog!


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

SusieJ said...

That is a fabulous LO Laura...a very striking colour palette and a great photo.
Love the sketch too (have downloaded it for future use!)
I think you probably don't know this but I've been MIA for the last four months as my husband was taken ill and died.
I've only just started blogging/scrapping again.
Hugs xx

Nicolle Kramer said...

Stunning layout and sweet pic! I love this bold fun layout. Every detail is amazing!!!!! xoxox

Maggie said...

Checking out your blog for inspiration ... Amazing LO.