Monday, April 30, 2012

One of my new Favorite companies.....

Hi everyone! Laura here! Before becoming a creative team member here at the Unicorn I will admit that I had never heard of 7dots.....oh man am I glad I found the Unicorn. WOW! 7 dots paper is fabulous! Great feel and weight, fabulous design and an overall terrific paper!

Here is a little blurb I found on the 7 dots website that I think really sums up their company

Scrapbooking is our passion and we could not imagine our world without paper, glue and creative process.

We are 7 Dots Studio, because creating is our deepest nature. You will find here highest quality scrapbooking papers, stickers and die-cuts. It is up to you, what you will create using them, what emotions you will put in paper and which moments you will make live forever.

My first layout I did, I got messy....I LOVE GETTING MESSY!

I did a lot of inking and painting and wet embossing on this one! I used the 7 dots Dreamer Collection

IMG_2339


For the cool chipboard gears (available at the store from Dusty Attic - mini cogs) grungeboard and wood shapes (from my stash) I was inspired by Alda....I mixed some glitter in with my embossing powder and embossed them! Then I took some Ranger Distress crackle paint - Shabby Shutters and dry brushed them.

IMG_2336

I cut a piece of cardboard and painted them black, when dry I used the embossing powder/glitter mix and embossed on that as well...I then added a some of the ranger paint and a few acrylics from my stash

IMG_2337

I used a template I had and inked heavily using a make up sponge. I then punched holes using different sizes of hole punches. Of course I also inked and distressed all the edges.

IMG_2338

My next layout I used the same paper line - Dreamer and I got messy again!

I inked all the outside edges and used paint to 'mat' the photo

IMG_2332

I inked the cogs and other embellishments with red and black ink

IMG_2333

and I punched two different papers to add some more interest

IMG_2334

I was also lucky enough to receive the All I Ever Collection also from 7 dots...

This is more soft line and I wanted to play on the beautiful colors. I cut the frame out of the 'soft blanket' paper then used foam dots for dimension...I also used beautiful Petaloo flowers and punched butterflies and a few flowers from my stash....

IMG_2340

Here is a close up

IMG_2341

Thanks for stopping by and I hope 7 dots becomes a new favorite for you too!

No comments: