Friday, February 24, 2012

Misting fun

Hi everyone! This week at the Flyinh Unicorn we are spotlighting Tattered Angels! I love misting! Its a great way to add some color and fun to your projects. I have a couple of layouts to share!


From the unicorn store I used some the fabulous 'cherub pink' glimmer mist , the too fun *Mistables* alphas from pink paislee and some wonderful 7 gypsies papers


IMG_2099



I started off with a piece of cream colored cardstock and gently misted it with Cherub Pink then dabbed with a paper towel to give it a more subtle look.


Since we are spotlighting glimmer mist I wanted to use it on more than the background paper so I misted the bird that I had cut out of one of the papers, the pink pailsee letters, and I also sprayed the ribbon using the technique in the Enchanting Creations Magazine this month. To save mist, pour a little bit of mist in a small baggie, put in your ribbon or mist and squish it around until you have the coverage you want, you may need to add a bit more mist.


IMG_2101


IMG_2102



For my second project, I wanted to highlight a couple of different things you can do with mist.


IMG_2115



I started off with another piece of creme cardstock, and I added my October Afternoon Day Dream rub ons in cream from the Unicorn store then I misted over them in the cherub pink mist then I added the Sand Glimmer Mist along the edge and on the chipboard title from my stash. This technique will work with any color rub ons and cardstock. If you use white cardstock, then you use white rub ons...the effect is cool and you can use any glimmer mist color you want. alda has a great secetion of colors so give it a try.


IMG_2116


IMG_2117


I also used the cherub glimmer mist to distress my handmade flowers by squishing them and rolling them into a ball before layering them.


IMG_2118


I also added some vintage lace, the cherub and buttons and 7 gypsies papers from the Unicorn store!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Shona said...

both so yummy yummy yummy! love the softness of the colors and layres of goodies!

Anonymous said...

Laura, I learn so much from you! I am still Mist Challenged,but I do try! You do great work, just lovely!!