Friday, March 26, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Sunday, March 14, 2010
This week Michelle Galloway got to make the sketch and I was lucky enough to work with it! So here is the sketch....
And here is my example.....I chose to a layout about my hubby and his son Sebastian
Friday, March 12, 2010
To take part in this contest you must use mostly Scribble scrabble products....the prize is awesome and will be picked by Cynthia....the owner & designer of their papers! If you would like to read about her you can find her info here. You will win a 'Ruth' kit AND have your layout in their gallery found here to inspire MANY more people! isn't that cool?
If you don't have any scribble scrabble product Laura carried their three new lines, Bric a brac, Nana's Trunk, and Sweet Shoppe! You can find all the yumminess here
and you can upload your projects here
Have fun and we can not wait to see what you create!
* all projects MUST be mostly scribble scrabble products
* All items need to have been made between March 1 2010 and March 31, 2010 to be eligible.
* must be yours and original
* must be a member of good standing with at least 25 posts to win
* everyone can play!
* enter as many times you like
Here is my first entry
Have a fabulous day!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
This is a layout I did about Cody enjoying a light snack lol!
I also used some Making Memories gems and prima flowers also available at the Dreamer store
Monday, March 8, 2010
Starting March 18th through April 15th, 2010 we will be holding a WeScrap's Next Designer Contest! We are looking at bringing on 3 new design team members to join our team! You must be able to participate in our 4-week contest if you submit an application. Challenges and other details will be posted on March 18th.
You may apply for the weScrap iTeam (Inspiration Team) by submitting the following to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*International applicants are welcome!
(1) Send a Scrapbook/artist resume & biography, as well as your full name, weScrap forum username, email address & full contact information with your submissions to email@example.com with \"weScrap DT Call\" in the subject line.
(2) Please include a link to your blog. Having an active blog is a mandatory part of this position.
(3) Please tell us of any scrapbook design teams you are currently on. You are required to only be on no more than 2 other manufacturer/kit teams and 2 other challenge/sketch teams while you hold your weScrap iTeam position.
(4) Please include the answers to the following questions:
-Why do you think you would make a great iTeam member?
-What is your best attribute or skill?
-What is the attribute or skill that is a challenge to you?
-Do you feel that you can give inspiration, encouragement & techniques in the forum on a daily basis? How might you achieve this?
*Share any other information you feel is important for us to know about you.
If chosen as a weScrap iTeam member you will be responsible for the following:
1. You will be required to create Layouts, Cards, Altered items, Mini Albums anything that showcases the bi-monthly kits provided to you.
2. All DT members are required to be a registered member of our forum and post as much as possible each day. Starting threads and answering thread are a must as well as leaving praise in the gallery for our members and your fellow DT.
3. iTeam members are responsible for helping create & hosting forum challenges for our crops and providing new tips/techniques. You will be responsible for a few daily posts per month, newsletter assignments and creating work to be loading into our growing resource area.
4. Promote the weScrap site on your blog by posting any weScrap contests, news, announcements, projects, kit sneak peaks, kit reveals, etc. is mandatory.
5. DT members are to promote weScrap.com where ever and whenever allowed without breaking rules on other sites. An iTeam blinkie will be provided and required in your signatures on our forum and again anywhere without breaking rules on other sites. Updating and showcasing items on your blog.
6. Communication with your fellow iTeam members, Co-Presidents and Vice-President is essential to a great team & fantastic site. You will have access to the secure iTeam private forum.
7. This is a 6 month commitment; DT duties will start up on May 1, 2010. You will have immediate access to the DT forum as soon as you are notified of your new position so that you can get to know the other members and learn all about your responsibilities.
8. iTeam members will receive a discount in the weScrap store during their contracted time and free shipping if shipped with your bi-monthly kit items.
9. You will receive one free kit every other month to create with. Kits are packed with great products and fun things to create with.
Friday, March 5, 2010
As part of the WeScrap Inspiration Team, we have all decided that with all the months of snow and ice that we'd "Bring on Spring!" a little early this year! Hop along with the entire WeScrap iTeam to see what each of the iTeam has created!
Here's our blog hop rotation for today:
Creative Crafts and Stickers
Guest iTeam, Teresa Hord
Now I'd like to share my Spring inspired project with you!
To me spring means rain and rain means mud.....getting dirty....so how better to celebrate spring then doing a 'dirty' layout! I love to get my fingers inky and get dirty when creating a layouts and I thought I would share a few distressing tips with you!
Thanks for the Giggles ~ using parts of the December Ruby Soho kit available here
* With this one I used my trusting Tim Holtz edge distresser I love how it frays the edge....the more you go over the more distressed...the harder you push the more it tears
* don't forget to ink your embellishments like flowers and the edges of your letter stickers
* I like to use the backing white board from my prima crystals when I ink....that way I Protect my work surface but I can still ink the papers vigorously
* adding mists to dark colored cardstock also adds a subtle look
* don't be afraid to ink a lot....you can even mix inks and colors like I did
* I think its easier to distress an uneven edge....take your scissors and trim a bit of the papers away in a wave (see GQ)
* wet your fingers and run them along the edge of your papers (See GQ)
* in "me right now" I misted up my papers then rolled them up in a ball, unrolled and inked to achieve this look. You can follow these steps then iron your paper flat with a white towel over your layout and your iron on a low setting to achieve a more marbled look.
I hope you enjoyed my little tips and you'll try it out soon!
Not only do we have some fabulous projects to share today but you also have a chance to win a PRIZE! By leaving a comment on EACH iTeam member's blog today, you have a chance to win $100 worth of scrappy goodies! Yup... that's $100 of scrappy goodness for your stash! You have until Wednesday March 10th to leave your comments for a chance. Good luck!
Now.... find out what Tara has created to inspire you today!