As part of the WeScrap Inspiration Team, we have all decided that with all the months of snow and ice that we'd "Bring on Spring!" a little early this year! Hop along with the entire WeScrap iTeam to see what each of the iTeam has created!
Here's our blog hop rotation for today:
Creative Crafts and Stickers
Guest iTeam, Teresa Hord
Now I'd like to share my Spring inspired project with you!
To me spring means rain and rain means mud.....getting dirty....so how better to celebrate spring then doing a 'dirty' layout! I love to get my fingers inky and get dirty when creating a layouts and I thought I would share a few distressing tips with you!
Thanks for the Giggles ~ using parts of the December Ruby Soho kit available here
* With this one I used my trusting Tim Holtz edge distresser I love how it frays the edge....the more you go over the more distressed...the harder you push the more it tears
* don't forget to ink your embellishments like flowers and the edges of your letter stickers
* I like to use the backing white board from my prima crystals when I ink....that way I Protect my work surface but I can still ink the papers vigorously
* adding mists to dark colored cardstock also adds a subtle look
* don't be afraid to ink a lot....you can even mix inks and colors like I did
* I think its easier to distress an uneven edge....take your scissors and trim a bit of the papers away in a wave (see GQ)
* wet your fingers and run them along the edge of your papers (See GQ)
* in "me right now" I misted up my papers then rolled them up in a ball, unrolled and inked to achieve this look. You can follow these steps then iron your paper flat with a white towel over your layout and your iron on a low setting to achieve a more marbled look.
I hope you enjoyed my little tips and you'll try it out soon!
Not only do we have some fabulous projects to share today but you also have a chance to win a PRIZE! By leaving a comment on EACH iTeam member's blog today, you have a chance to win $100 worth of scrappy goodies! Yup... that's $100 of scrappy goodness for your stash! You have until Wednesday March 10th to leave your comments for a chance. Good luck!
Now.... find out what Tara has created to inspire you today!