Monday, May 7, 2007

National Scrapbook Day

I love NSD...there are so many fun things going in the scrapbooking world that I had lots to choose from. My hubby was fixing a broken gas line on my dads truck for him so my mom & I walked up to the our local scrapbook store...crop til you drop owned by a very dear and sweet lady named Debbie. She and I have gotten to be friends over the last year or so and she is one of the nicest and kindest people you could ever meet! She had this fabulous sale on...Bazzill cardstock on two for a dollar....I stocked up and she got in the new felt border in a rainbow of colours and the glitter also in all the colours
and the large brads

She also got some great things in from Prima the new sprites are cuter in real life then they look and the new little tins!

So if you are ever in this area stop by and say hi!

I got quite a few layouts done this weekend...I am pretty proud of myself! There were a lot of challenges posted over at Kitty's Kloset! I tried to complete as many as possible! It was a lot of fun! There were prizes and games and shoe box points...that s a great incentive! Don't worry if yo think you missed it because we are also having a month long anniversary celebration that is pretty awesome so make sure you check that out! there are some great prizes and challenges coming up! This is what I got done...

This is for the why do you scrapbook challenge....I used my earlier post as my journaling


I also did a couple of pages for my mother and father in laws book. This is the first page of their album



I also did a layout about my mother and her siblings...it was for a circle challenge




I did a very simple layout about her first communion and confirmation


I also did an altered frame...another challenge over at Kitty's Kloset!





I also spent some time at another of my favorite sites... Scrap N' Circle...a group of friendly and inspiring ladies. I played this really cool game called Deal or No Deal for ribbon...I won 14 yards of ribbon!!!! That is so cool!! You should stop over there some time.


so how did you spend you national scrapbook day?

Todays quote;
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan

Have a great night!

2 comments:

Dolores said...

Love all your Layouts, girl you ROCK!

Lynn Anne said...

OH I forgot all about the frame challenge! I missed it, didn't I? Darned meds. I have the frame right here, too. Argh.

But yours is gorgeous, as is everything else - including your rainbow of yummies from the store! I've seen that felt online but never in a store. Is it not sold in the us or something?? Looks like fun!